Last Updated: July 17, 2023
Rainbow offers the business-to-business retail service known as, Rainbow Ecoscience, whereby Rainbow sells products to licensed tree and landscape professionals. This Policy applies to information you provide to us through our Rainbow Ecoscience website located at rainbowecoscience.com (the “Site”), when you use our e-commerce platform, communicate with us, and otherwise interact with us in connection with our Rainbow Ecoscience services. The Policy describes the types of personal information we may receive, how we may use and disclose the information, and certain rights and options you may have regarding your information. Use of our Site is also subject to our Terms and Conditions.
Important Information About This Policy
While we always aim to provide complete and transparent information about how we process your personal information, we reserve the right to amend or update this Policy from time to time or to create additional policies in order to accurately reflect changed circumstances or new legal requirements. As a result, it is important that you read this Policy closely so that you are fully aware of how and why we are using your personal information.
To assist us in ensuring that we can provide the most accurate information possible, we ask that you check this Policy for updates. We also ask that, where we have an ongoing relationship with you and any of the data you have provided becomes no longer accurate, you keep us informed of this so we can amend our records accordingly. By providing us with personal information or using our Site, you expressly consent to the information-handling practices described in this Policy. If you do not agree with this Policy, please do not use our Site or services, follow us on social media, or provide us with your information.
Information We Collect
A. Personal Information
For the purposes of this Policy, “personal information” is any information that identifies, relates to, or can be used to contact a particular individual. The types of personal information we receive include the following categories.
- Business contact information – first name, last name, business email address, physical address of the business, billing address, and business telephone number.
- Online account information – username, account password, contact information, and other information that we may request or that you may provide relating to your online account.
- Transactional information – details about your business’s, transactions with us, including method of payment, payments received, payment details, and transaction history.
- Payment information – details of the payment card or financial account your business uses to pay a bill or invoice for our services.
- Marketing information – details regarding informational and promotional materials you may have requested or received from us, the services in which you are interested, your receipt of promotional communications, and information on your marketing or communication preferences.
- Communication information – copies of communications and inquiries you have submitted to us, including through email, chatbots, calls, direct messages or comments on social media, our “Contact” form, or other features available on our Site.
- Device and usage information – details regarding how and when you use our Site and services, including the device used to connect to our Site, your IP address and device identifier, the frequency and duration of your usage, the pages you view, what websites or search terms referred you to our website, and information about your interaction with our Site.
We collect this information when you visit or navigate our Site, fill in forms on our Site, make a purchase via our Site, interact with a chatbot used on our Site, send us inquiries regarding our products, communicate with us (including by phone, email, or otherwise), or otherwise provide us with personal information.
Please note that we may aggregate or anonymize the foregoing types of information such that they are no longer capable of identifying you, in which case they are not considered “personal information.” We may also collect information about you from third-party sources and information about you that is publicly available.
B. Automatically Collected Usage and Device Information
Like most websites, our Site uses various technologies to automatically collect information about visitors. Those technologies include:
- Log Files and Device Identifiers. We use log files to track actions occurring on the Site and collect data about visitors, including IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, date/time stamps, and device identifiers.
- Web beacons and other technologies. Our Site may use other tracking tools, including web beacons (also known as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs), which are small electronic images embedded in content and email messages that are not ordinarily visible to users. Web beacons allow us to track pages and content accessed and viewed by users, as well as to monitor email readership.
The information collected through these technologies may be combined with personal information or aggregated with other information on Site visits. We may share information about your use of our Site with our advertising and analytics partners, who may combine it with other information that you previously provided to them.
C. Information from Social Media
If you interact with us on any social media platform: (i) depending on your social media privacy settings, the personal information that you submit on the social media platform may be read, collected, or used by us as described in this Policy, and (ii) where we respond to any interaction with you on social media, your account name/handle may be viewable by any and all members or users of our social media accounts. Social media platforms operate independently from Rainbow and we are not responsible for the personal information that you choose to submit or link on any social media platform. We encourage you to review the privacy policies and settings of any social media platform with which you interact to help you understand their privacy practices.
D. Information from Other Sources
We may obtain both personal and non-personal information about you from our affiliated businesses, contractors, suppliers, and other third parties and add it to other information we have collected. We, and the third parties we engage, may combine information we collect from you over time, and across the Site, with information obtained from other sources. This helps us improve the information’s overall accuracy and completeness, and also helps us better tailor our interactions with you.
How We Use Personal Information
We (or service providers acting on our behalf) may use the personal information identified above for the following purposes:
- Offering and supplying products and equipment for purchase by you, including fulfilling and shipping orders and processing payments.
- Registering you for an account so that you may use the account-based features available on the Site.
- Providing and optimizing your experience on our Site and ensuring that we present our content to you in the most effective manner.
- Communicating with you and responding to your inquiries and communicating regarding our products, our e-commerce platform, and other issues.
- Sending you promotional or informational communications and materials, tracking your marketing preferences, and for our internal marketing purposes.
- Managing customer service issues, including issues relating to the purchase or shipment of products.
- Developing, updating, and improving our products, customer service, and customer experience, and otherwise improving our knowledge and insights regarding customers.
- Preventing and detecting fraud, financial crime, hacking activities, security breaches, and other unlawful activities in connection with the Site or the purchase of products from us.
- Enforcing our terms with customers, complying with our legal or regulatory obligations, and defending or advancing legal claims.
- Notifying you about changes to our Site, our products, or material changes to this Policy.
- Providing you with surveys or otherwise soliciting feedback from you.
- Performing other functions as otherwise described to you at the time of collection or to which you otherwise consent.
For more information about your options relating to your personal information and your communication preferences, see “Your Choices About Personal Information” below.
Our Marketing Efforts
We may send you direct marketing communications from time to time, including news, updates, offers, and other promotions relating to our services. We will only send marketing messages where the law allows us to do so and, in the event that you no longer wish to receive marketing from us, then you can always unsubscribe using the option provided in the footer of the communication you have received or by contacting us using the information below.
Disclosure of Personal Information
When the information we collect about you is aggregated, anonymized, or otherwise does not identify you, we may use that information for any purpose or share it with third parties, to the extent permitted by applicable law.
In addition, we may share your information with the following types of entities:
- Our affiliated businesses, including those within the Rainbow group of companies, to the extent they offer products or services we believe may be of interest to you.
- Service providers we use to facilitate our business operations and administration. These third parties have access to your personal information only to perform specific tasks on our behalf. For example, our service providers include (i) IT and system administration providers that host our Site, (ii) our product catalog software providers that assist us with making products available for purchase online, (iii) data storage providers, and (iv) vendors to facilitate payments and payment processing.
- Marketing and advertising vendors that may assist with lead generation, hosting information relating to clients and potential clients, marketing automation, advertisement placement and targeting, and marketing campaigns and communications.
- Analytics vendors in order to understand our Site traffic and usage patterns, optimize our Site, and identify potential new customers.
- Regulatory and governmental authorities, law enforcement agencies, and courts, as necessary to comply with applicable laws and regulations, respond to a subpoena, search warrant, or other lawful request for information, or to otherwise protect our rights.
- Buyers or other successors prior to or in the event of a merger, acquisition, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as a part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, where the information is among the assets transferred.
- Other parties for any purpose we disclose at the time you provide the information.
Your Choices About Personal Information
We respect your right to make choices about the ways we collect, use, and disclose your information. We try to offer you meaningful choices regarding your personal information. Some choices you have regarding personal information include the following.
- Marketing Emails – As required by applicable laws, you have choices with respect to our promotional emails and can always opt-out of receiving promotional emails from us by clicking the “opt out,” “unsubscribe,” or similar link in any such promotional emails and following the instructions provided.
- Cookies – Depending on your browser or device, you may have the option to set the browser to accept all cookies, reject all cookies, notify you when a cookie is set, or delete cookies. Each browser and device are different, so we recommend you evaluate the tools and settings available in your browser or device, as well as any available instructions for the same. You can learn more about disabling cookies here.
- Google Analytics – As discussed above, we use Google Analytics in connection with the Site. If you would like to refrain from having your data collected by Google Analytics, Google has developed an opt-out browser that you can use. You can find more information on how Google uses the information it collects here.
- Declining to Provide Information – You can choose not to provide us with information we may request through our Site, but that may result in you being unable to use certain features of our Site, request information about our services, or initiate other transactions with us.
- Do Not Track Mechanisms – Please note that our Site does not honor “Do Not Track” signals, and such signals will not impact the operation of this Site.
In addition to the above, you may contact us using the details provided at the end of this Policy with any questions about the choices relating to your personal information.
Links to Third-Party Websites
Our Site may contain links to third-party websites. Such websites have separate privacy policies that you should review. We do not control these third-party websites and are not responsible for the content of linked websites or those companies’ data-handling practices.
Rights Afforded to California Residents
If you are a California resident, please review our Privacy Notice for California Residents to learn more about the rights afforded to you under California law and the choices you have with regard to your personal information.
Rights Afforded Nevada Residents
Pursuant to Nevada law, Nevada residents who have purchased services from us may opt out of the “sale” of “covered information” (as such terms are defined under Nevada law) for monetary consideration to a person for that person to license or sell such information to additional persons. “Covered information” includes first and last name, address, email address, and phone number, or an identifier that allows a specific person to be contacted either physically or online. We do not engage in any activities that would qualify as a sale under Nevada law, but you can contact us with any inquiries or requests at the information below.
Rights Afforded Canadian Residents
If you reside in Canada, various Canadian laws, including Canada’s Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (“PIPEDA”), may provide you certain rights with respect to your personal information, including the right to request information about the collection, use, or disclosure of your personal information, to request access to your personal information, and to challenge the accuracy and completeness of your personal information and have it amended as appropriate.
If you are a Canadian resident and would like to make a request regarding your personal information, please send a request to email@example.com with the subject line “Canada Resident Request,” or otherwise contact us using the information in the “How to Contact Us” section below. We will attempt to respond to your request as quickly as possible but may ask you to provide additional information to enable us to locate the personal information or determine how it has been used or disclosed. We will provide you with access, as appropriate, at minimal or no cost to you.
Our Site is a general audience site and is not directed at, or intended for use by, children under the age of 16 years. Accordingly, we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under age 16. Should we discover that a child under the appropriate age provided his or her personal information, we will use that information only to respond to that child and inform him or her that we must have parental consent before receiving such information.
Security of Personal Information
We use appropriate administrative, technical, and physical measures to protect your personal information from loss, theft, and unauthorized use, disclosure, or modification. Please be aware that no data transmission over the Internet is 100% secure. While we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot ensure or warranty the security of any information you transmit to us, and you do so at your own risk.
Data Storage and Retention
We will only retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or other mandatory reporting requirements. To determine the appropriate retention period we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure, the purposes for which we process it, whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements. We also consider any specific limitation periods under applicable law.
Location of Company and Processing
Rainbow is headquartered in the United States and, as such, the personal information that you provide to us or that we collect may be transferred to, processed, or stored in the United States. By accessing and using the Site and otherwise providing us information, you consent to transfer, processing, and storage of your personal information in the United States.
Changes to this Policy
Please note that we may change this Policy from time to time. If there are changes to our Policy, we will post them here and update the “Last Updated” date at the top of this document. Continued use of the Site after any changes is deemed to be acceptance of those changes. Accordingly, we encourage you to check the Policy periodically for updates.
How to Contact Us
For questions or more information about our privacy practices, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by using the contact information provided below:
Attn: Customer Service Manager
Address: 11571 K-Tel Drive, Minnetonka, MN 55343